Saturday, December 14, 2013

Photo Updates: October/November

So many things to share since my last photo update. Highlights of the past month or so include cooking lessons from neighbors, turning our retreat house into a haunted house for an after school program field trip, community trip to the Cascadas (waterfalls), celebrating a quinceñera, going on our first volunteer retreat and celebrating Thanksgiving!

 M.E. and I learning to cook from Señora Elcia and Don Jose.
 Mi hermanita Ecuatoriana
Halloween crafts on our first paseo (field trip)
Meg at the face painting station
 My communitymates and I nervous to enter the Haunted House!
 With my co-workers and some of our kids from Manos Abiertas after the haunted house
 Arbolito girls ready to start the hike at the cascadas
 Meggo and I taking a little rest along the way
Arbolito makes it to the 7th and last cascada!
 Gavin, Meg and I with our friends Ricardo and Daniel
Celebrating Jocelyn's quinceñera!
 Rostro volunteers & Darcy in Olon for our first retreat
 Handprint turkeys at Manos for Thanksgiving
Arbolito community at Nuevo Mundo Thanksgiving

Just some incredibly brief snapshots but photo evidence that I am still alive and well and living fully every day the blessing that is my life here in Arbolito. Sending todo el amor de mi corazon back home! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment