Friday, October 4, 2013

Photo Updates

So if keeping a blog has taught me anything it's that I'm not good at keeping a blog. While there is a draft in the works, I just wanted to upload a few pictures as a way to update on what I've been doing for the past two months. Keep your eyes peeled for a post coming soon!


 After in-country orientation, the new vols spent a day at Malecon 2000 in Guayaquil!

The next day we moved into our new home! Here I am with my communitymates, Brian, Meg, Brittany, Gavin, M.E. and Jerry and one of our pups, Wookie!

 A few weeks later, Brittany and I celebrated our 22nd birthdays in Arbolito! Here were are with the Mount Sinai volunteers and some of our friends at our birthday dinner.

And one random Monday morning, it was time to clean out our cistern which quickly escalated into less cleaning and more of a water fight...

At the beginning of September I had the pleasure of hosting our first retreat group here in Arbolito from Santa Clara University. Here we are at Manos Abiertas, the after school program where I work.

With my friend Aide at Manos Abiertas!

The day we were clean. Aka, the day we finally got new t-shirts to wear to after school programs.

Some casual Saturday morning hair cutting on our patio...

This past weekend we had a bingo to raise money for our church. Here's a little snapshot of the festivities.

And of our supermodelo communitymate, Gavin raffling off a chicken at the bingo..

And lastly, some more hair cutting... The first time in 22 years that my hair hasn't been cut by my aunt Chantal (sorry! haha)


 So all in all, things here in Arbolito have been going wonderfully. Loving life and happy to share it with you! Sending lots of love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. You look so happy in all the picture and I can not wait to talk to you some more. I love you and I am so proud of you.
    Mom xxx

    ReplyDelete